Pigeonholing the Opposing Attorneys I Face as a Divorce Lawyer, From Best to Worst
I admit I'm oversimplifying here, but having categories like these helps me understand who I'm dealing with.
- •DELIGHTFUL. Naturally these are my favorites, so I put them in the D-hole. In fact, let's just call them the "D-hole" people or "D-holes" for short.
- •CIVIL. Not as much fun to deal with, but not bad. The C-holes.By now you probably know where this is going.
- •BELLIGERENT. Kind of a pain, but usually manageable because they're also not very smart. B-holes.Yep. You've got it. You know what's coming next.
- •ABOMINABLE, AGGRESSIVE, ATROCIOUS. Say it with me....the A-holes.
- •These folks are awful (hey, another A word!). They will shamelessly claim that black is white or white is black. They'll be, or pretend to be, angry (on a roll now) over things that never happened. Worst of all, they try to get you to be like them.