Songs That Were All About That Bass Before "All About That Bass."
Making this list has been No Treble at all.
- •All That Meat and No Potatoes (Fats Waller, 1941)Self-explanatory. From the well-known folk idiom.
- •Work With Me, Annie (Hank Ballard and the Midnighters, 1954)"Annie, please don't cheat/Give me all my meat." Here, "meat" might refer to any one of several possible things, but Annie's caboose is a definite contender. See "All That Meat and No Potatoes," above.
- •Vicki Dougan (The Limeliters, 1961)"Vicki, turn your back on me/Oh, my darling, just for me..." Hint: Vicki did NOT have a really cool tattoo on her back.
- •Allan Sherman's Molly Malone (1962)"She wheels her wheelbarrow through streets that are narrow/Her barrow is narrow, her hips are too wide..." Sure, it's a parody, but so what?
- •Big Bottom (Spinal Tap, 1984)"My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo/I like to sink her with my pink torpedo..." The white "Work With Me, Annie."
- •Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-a-Lot, 1992)You all know the lyrics to this one.
- •Suggestions, anyone? Extra credit for anyone who comes up with a song about a guy with a big ass.
- •Bertha Butt Boogie by Jimmy CastorSuggested by @NancyMiller
- •Ready for my bonus points: Wierd Al's "Fat!""When I sit around the house I really sit around the house."Suggested by @evan
- •Queen: Fat Bottomed Girls"You make the rockin' world go round!"Suggested by @evan
- •Jim Morrison "I'm a Backdoor Man"Suggested by @sharris