LESSER-KNOWN BOOKS I LOVED AS A KID
Apparently I used to suggest reading as a sleepover activity in elementary school 💁🏻
- •Hannah and the Angels by Linda LowerySeriously so good. I learned so much from these books. I highly recommend them for any older elementary schooler
- •Regarding the Fountain: A Tale, in Letters, of Liars and Leaks by Kate KliseI love any story told through different mediums and this funny story is strong on its own but the letters, notes, and drawings really make it 👌🏻
- •Baby-Sitters Little Sister series by Ann M MartinThe BSC was an excellent series (I read them all) but I started with Karen, Hannie, and Nancy
- •The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain Book 1) by Lloyd AlexanderShort book series first published in 1964, the story is set in medieval times with elements of fantasy but interesting and entertaining to all types of kids
- •Uglies by Scott WesterfieldA YA series about a post-apocalyptic world, similar to the others but better in my opinion. Funny story: in high school my best friend and I found the author's email and sent him a list of actors we'd want to play the characters in a movie. He actually emailed back and was very nice!