Reasons I'm Like This
Inspired by @ShawnKelly and everyone else
- •Because I threw away a love letter I got in 4th grade without reading it because I was embarrassed/assumed it was a prank.And to this day I wish I knew what it said
- •Because I had such crippling social anxiety as a child that I refused to speak at my migraine therapist and felt so bad after the fact that I wrote him an apology letter and asked my mom to send it to him.
- •Because I'm the oldest and only girl so I'm spoiled af.
- •Because I still think about that one nurse who gave me a flu shot that one time and it didn't hurt AT ALL and literally that cured me of any and all fear of shots.Like I want to give her a medal for this.
- •Because I was so small and had such fast metabolism in high school that people asked my best friend if I was anorexic.
- •Because the same person has been cutting my hair since I was 3 years old.And I honest to god don't know what I'll do when she retires.
- •Because in 7th grade I asked a ouija board how big my boobs would be and it turned out to be right.
- •Because my grandparents would tell people my uncle died of cancer when he really died of AIDS.
- •Because my first kiss was in a church basement.
- •Because I am extremely fortunate and grew up with privilege and was never told there was something I couldn't do just because of my race, gender, religion, or otherwise.