Things I'm Doing at Night Instead of Reading the New Yorker or Konmari-ing My Apartment
My unread stack of New Yorkers is nightstand high, which does not bring me joy. Yet instead of reading them, I'm spending the lone hour after my child and husband are asleep...
- •Playing Plants vs. Zombies 2Every night. It's so good and the main thing I use my iPad for.
- •Buying Random Things on AmazonBecause I really need some spatulas. And that Shirley Jackson reissue paperback. Oooh look, single serving packets of almond butter!
- •Completing maybe 8 halfhearted leg liftsBecause something is better than nothing?
- •Reading AV Club TV recaps of weeks-old episodesAnd then getting lost in the comment threads.
- •Trying out a face maskAnd then incompletely washing it off my face so that I find remnants of muds and exfoliants on my pillow the next morning. This happens about once every 3 weeks.
- •One more level of Plants vs. ZombiesAnd then I start to drift off ... and whack myself in the face with the iPad.