Things the Hostess Did Before Seating Me
Near empty restaurant in the Meatpacking district. Lunchtime. Hostess sees me, gives me the "1 second" gesture and then proceeds to...
- 1.Take a pile of menus to the back
- 2.Stop and talk to the bartender
- 3.Refresh the water on two tables
- 4.Bus the dishes on another table
- 5.Look out the windows
- 6.Take a lap around the 1/10th filled dining room
- 7.Retrieve the excess menus from the back
- 8.Check in again with the bartender
- 9.Notice patron waiting at front is actively touching her computer. Rush up to the front.