Things the Hostess Did Before Seating Me
Near empty restaurant in the Meatpacking district. Lunchtime. Hostess sees me, gives me the "1 second" gesture and then proceeds to...
- •Take a pile of menus to the back
- •Stop and talk to the bartender
- •Refresh the water on two tables
- •Bus the dishes on another table
- •Look out the windows
- •Take a lap around the 1/10th filled dining room
- •Retrieve the excess menus from the back
- •Check in again with the bartender
- •Notice patron waiting at front is actively touching her computer. Rush up to the front.