"Uncool" Bands I Was Obsessed With for a Significant Period of Time
There's a reason why I like the "Pulse" channel on Sirius as much as "Lithium." It's because I have spent a significant amount of time loving adult contemporary rock. With this list, I come clean.
- •The Goo Goo DollsWhy don't I slide? DON'T MIND IF I DO! Seriously, though. "Black Balloon" is really lovely.
- •LiveTwo words: "Lightning Crashes."
- •Snow PatrolI had convinced myself that these lovely lads fell into the same genre as Belle and Sebastian and Broken Social Scene. They do not. Which is ok. Their indie-ness was more of a temporary first album gloss coat.
- •IncubusLet's call a spade a spade. I had an embarrassing amount of live/acoustic MP3s of "Drive" and "Warning" on my computer, circa 2001.
- •TonicI am the person who, when someone calls Tonic a 1-hit wonder I bristle and point out that they actually had at least THREE hits, thankyouverymuch. ("If You Could Only See," "Open Up Your Eyes," "You Wanted More")
- •BushThis is rock for sure. But the least dangerous kind. And that's ok.
- •Third Eye BlindI wasn't a super fan. But I saw them live and put "Jumper" on at least 5 mix tapes so I feel like I should fess up.