EPISODES OF FAMILY TIES I SOMETIMES THINK ABOUT
I don't usually indulge in (public) displays of '80s nostalgia but, hey, they say write about what you know, so.
- •The parents go away, and Alex throws a party, and some jocks come over with the rival team's mascot: a kangaroo!
- •To everyone's surprise, Mallory does better than Alex on a big test.
- •While performing a song on a PBS telethon, Elyse goes into labor. (And hits a really high note!)
- •The family has to stage an intervention when Alex's desire for academic excellence leads to an addiction to uppers.
- •Skippy is distraught when he finds out he was adopted.
- •Did you see the TV movie, "Family Ties Vacation?" Alex spends a semester at Oxford and deals with a whole bunch of Anglo drama.
- •Mallory wants to run away with Nick (Aaaaay!)
- •Elyse punches one of Alex's teachers who is being a real condescending dick during parent-teacher night.
- •Steven almost has an affair.
- •Alex goes to the train station in the middle of the night to stop Ellen from getting on that train (and they get married in real life!)
- •Elyse sings "In My Life" (first time I ever heard it) while a flashback reel plays, showing the Keaton family in many happy and memorable moments.