AN IRONY OF LIFE
- •All the secret truths of life are just the same cliches over and over.
- •"Be kind." "Love is the most important thing." "There's no need to worry so much."
- •But when those things hit—I mean really hit—those thoughts become epiphanies so powerful it feels like you've seen though a fog that's been laid upon you.
- •It's bright and sunny and, more than that, true. Like an evangelical's glimpse of heaven, it's both something you instantly recognize as fully true even as it wasn't something you could ever quite grasp before.
- •Then it fades.Memory is weak. The epiphany fades in routine and distraction.
- •But you had it.Do your best to trust it and build on it again. Apply it as you can. Life is good.