BEST THINGS IN THE WORLD
- 1.ReliefIn the immediate, amazing. But even more amazing in the long term. Relief from fear, anxiety, or worry? That's an ultimate nirvana-like quest. It opens you to a better state.
- 2.JoyYes, even better than love. Joy is the good side of love, the pure result that you celebrate. Joy is the best active thing, since relief is a cop-out I stretched to zen.
- 3.LoveIt's irresponsible to rank something so volatile so highly. I was tempted to drop this to four, but nah.
- 4.HappinessHappiness is the bread and butter of good living but man cannot live on bread alone. Joy implies purpose, as does love. Happiness is good, but more workmanlike, Cal Ripken Jr style.
- 5.CalmOverrated in theory, underrated in practice.
- 6.And the rest!Purpose, validation, friendship, being on one/in the zone and appreciation round out the top ten