IN PRAISE OF MEDITATION
- •It can't hurtThere's an old Jewish Joke about a man who suddenly died in a movie theater. An elderly woman shouts to give him an enema and the doctor asks how that can help. She says "how could it hurt?" If you're as cynical as I am, remember meditation can't possibly ~hurt~
- •How busy are you?I meditate for eleven minutes a session, trying to work up to twenty. They are likely the most productive eleven minutes I have and I like eleven because there's no excuse not to do eleven, ever.
- •Doing something you thought you'd never do is empoweringI never ever thought I could do this and I can. Let's see how that extends
- •Increased mindfulness
- •Increased gratitude
- •Increased presence in moments
- •And, if not, a strong placebo effectAgain, it can't hurt