MEMORIES FROM JEWISH SUMMER CAMP
Inspired by @scooterbraun
- •A surprising amount of rap battlesI was one of the two best rappers by the end of it, mostly by default.
- •Striking out in SoftballAgainst our bitter rivals at Camp Ramah Berkshires. Humiliating.
- •Eating for survival in a very real wayIn retrospect everyone was very hungry and the food was terrible
- •An underground grilled cheese ringJonah, a camper in my year, had a secret grilled cheese maker. They cost two bucks each, or a candy bar, or "come on, man!" Worth every penny. Drowned in barbecue sauce.
- •Learning social dynamics first-handDid you know that calling "dibs" is less about legality of who called it and more about the coolness pecking order? This blew my mind! It was a real behind-the-curtain moment to see a lame kid denied his rightful dibs because he was less cool than Nate Jablow, who took his seat.
- •Inept crushesI was a late bloomer, okay? While I have it in good authority that I am a 😎 dude now, a lot of camp was watching hope not quite up with circumstance