SECRET BOSTON TIPS
I am not an expert but as a citizen I know some stuff
- •St Patrick's day there is a line everywhere; Burger King, subway etc. If you want food, go to Chinatown.I've had amazing Chinese food back to back St.Patricks days because it's the only thing not swarmed by drunks
- •Burgers are good here, pizza not as muchHold loyalty to the "pretty good" slice; it doesn't get better than that here.
- •Harvard square is fun, eat in Central squareMy dad observed this thirty years ago and it's still true today
- •The secret squares hold gemsInman and Union square are my favorites. They are both actively a huge pain to get to. They both have real treats within.
- •Porter square is a vast WASTELANDIt has garbage for idiots.
- •Cambridge and Somerville are cooler than Boston proper.Unless you want a Bud Light for $6.50, stick to the Cambridge/Somerville world until you have a reason otherwise