THE MOSTLY MADE UP GHOST TAXONOMY I ABIDE BY
As the Head Haunt-cho of Ghost Guild (👻) I am often asked about ghosts. Based on little to no research, here are my statements
- •Ghosts: generic term.And let's be real, good enough 80% of the time. Usually means this fella 👻 with the positive vibes to match
- •Poltergeists: a misnomer. Too many things lumped in thereIs the ghost in the right? Is it related to a cursed artifact? All sorts of questions to answer before restoring to the "P" word.
- •CasperA derisive term for a fellow ghost who associates ~too~ closely with the living, similar to the friendly ghost
- •SpiritsNow we're getting somewhere. Spirits do ~not~ have to be related to a dead person: it can be elemental, such as the sprit of a place or a tree or whatever hippie nonsense is similar to a ghost but not quite a ghost.
- •GeistA spirit with a positive or protective purpose
- •WraithA sprit with a dark or negative purpose
- •SpectersSort of anti-hero ghosts. These are the ghosts that police other ghosts. What, you don't think ghosts have their own political system separate from mortals? C'mon.
- •GhoulsGhouls are evil rivals to ghosts. They traded their ghostly manner for a more physical presence and they are evil, Halloween style splits between ghosts and (cognizant) zombies
- •Ehm'rahk, King Of GhoulsA ghoul-wraith, interestingly, who commands the ghouls. Also, more pressingly, a great throw-in phrase in a lot of my rejected comedy pieces