WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE 23
This may not be universal but eh.
- •Can you do computers? You're rich! Can't? You're poor!Things my develop over time but for now it's jarring and unpleasant.
- •You're unevenly madeI cook and clean at a teenage level, but am good at dating and personally intuitive and hopefully on par for my career but where's the money etc etc.
- •This all would be a lot more fun with more security that it will end.This will all seem great in retrospect, removed from anxiety. But in the moment it feels weird and potentially permenent.
- •You're about two years or three from peak attractiveness and you know itI promise I'll figure out style
- •You can't date anyone older or younger.Very small window. You can't date a college girl; weird. And no actual human woman 25 or older is interested in your incomplete self. No resentment, just observation.
- •Cultural markers are invasiveBetter have the right politics and TV shows, motherfucker. It can feel limited and exhausting, not to mention strangely competitive.
- •Too old to binge drink constantly, too poor and boring to have other hobbies.Netflix? Netflix.
- •You're self absorbed because it's the only thing you can speak about with authority.