WHAT THINGS SHOULD COST
Inspired by @jesseno who pointed out every basic bottle of water should totally just cost $1. This is my baseline price for what, in a perfect and fair world, these things should cost. In the real world, less is great, more is eh.
- •A bottle of water$1
- •A non-chain donut$2.25
- •An iced coffee$2.50
- •A large iced coffee$3
- •A cheap beer at a bar$3.50
- •A good beer at a bar, such as Ballast Point Sculpin$6
- •A good pair of socks with a cute pattern$6
- •A no-frills black beanie of good quality$14
- •Gasoline$3.09 a gallon.
- •Medium ice cream cone with sprinkles$3.75
- •An upscale burger with fries$12
- •That same burger if it's really great$14
- •Using a restroomFree without purchase. Social pressure is enough
- •$0.99 a year