What It Was Like As a German Exchange Student Living in West Texas
What 16 year old me experienced in small town West Texas.
- •Cowboys aren't just a thing in movies. They exist and they are EVERYWHERE
- •It becomes socially acceptable to enjoy country music
- •Dr. Pepper > Coke
- •On a Friday night there is nothing but Football
- •You constantly feel like somebody's holding a blow dryer right in your face
- •Small towns raise professional gossip girls...and boys
- •Eating Ranch dressing on everything
- •Sonic has the best grilled cheese sandwiches
- •Texas Tech > Longhorns
- •The word vegetarian doesn't exist in their vocabulary"I am a vegetarian." - "Oh, I will just make you some chicken then"
- •Yes, we do have phones in Germany, and Internet, and TV's and cars...and no, I didn't drive here.
- •Y'all is a word
- •Walking to places isn't a thing