Love is the cherry on the cake, not the cake
This metaphor was once said to me by a brilliant psychiatrist (and friend) and it really spoke to me and 10 years later I still use it with friends that need this reminder
- •So imagine : you're a cake
- •You need to make sure the batter is well made
- •Then well cooked
- •You can ice it
- •AND THEN add the cherry on top of it
- •It's makes no sense to put a cherry on a wrecked cake that doesn't have any foundations ; the cherry won't make it "pretty"
- •That metaphor is quite simple but very true
- •Also, she didn't tell me that back then but I will add my analysis :
- •You also have to admit when your cake is ready, you can pimp it all you want but at some point you should know it's good to go/eat. AND that you're allowed to add that cherry on it, finally.
- •Basically. You're a cake.
- •Take care of yourcake first