MY TOP 10 FIBROMYALGIA HACKS
I'm getting better at this disability lark
- •Micellar waterLiterally I can clean my face from my bed now. Genius liquid.
- •Magnesium oil spray with lavender.This stuff really helps my achy legs feel less... Achy. Smells nice too and it's moisturising.
- •Sage dropsI put sage drops in water. It cured my hot sweats, particularly my night sweats, they are 100 times better.
- •Groupon... For the heated foot massager bargainI can warm my toes up and the vibration is a good pain distraction too.
- •My max factor concealerInvest in a decent concealer, because if you sleep as badly as I do you will have puffy eye bags galore.
- •Tiger balmMy feet get ridiculously painful and I find this balm so soothing
- •ParacetamolIt's an undefeated pain drug. I take tramadol and on really bad days I take a tramadol/paracetamol combo, to boost the tramadol a pain power. My pain nurse recommended this to me.
- •NutribulletYes smoothies are good for you. But this is a hack because I'm often too exhausted to prep beg for dinner, so I blend it into a smoothie in seconds and drink it with my the non veg part of my meal.
- •WaterI'm aiming at 3 litres a day, anything to boost my wellbeing. I have a water filter and record my intake on the idrated app
- •WheelchairThe biggest hack of them all. I listen to my body. Most days I can walk and I do walk. However I'm not declining a trip to a zoo, or a days shopping in London because my legs won't cope all the way round. I also no longer push myself to the pain limit to walk further than I should as this only puts me in bed for days after. If I need wheels, I use them. But only when I need them, independence is so important.