Already on li.st? Open in app.
Little tidbits that I found interesting or useful from the @bjnovak interview on The Tim Ferriss Show. Interview was on November 25th 2015 so some things might need to be updated.
- •What books do you give most often as gifts?-Daily Rituals by Mason Currey -Oxford Book of Aphorisms by John Gross
- •Advice to New Stand Ups-Book first week of shows all at once. -You never know how an idea will play until you test it. -Find out what you love about an idea or bit. Ask what you are most proud of within that idea and go from there.
- •#1 Creative Productivity Advice (if it works for you)Separate writing into 2 Phases: idea phase and execution phase
- •My ability to make lists
All of these are worth checking out
- 1.Great topics, great insights, great music
- 2.My first podcast addiction. Still addicted. Big fan of long form interviews. Actionable advice from a variety of successful people.
- 3.Related to Psychology. Very thought provoking.
- •ExcitingBuilding meaningful relationships. Meeting people. Searching for a deeper sense of self. Going to chick fil a and ordering a full bag of waffle fries.
- •FrustratingConstant struggle between passion and work, especially when work can be uninspiring and repetitive. Not getting enough chick fil a sauce for the waffle fries.
- •Filled with ReflectionAm I in the right place? Am I making the right decisions? Are there even any answers? Am I asking too many questions? Should I have eaten all the waffle fries?
Just trying to stay positive
- 1.| |100% grass fed, raw, unsalted positivity. Absolute value is hands down the most positive operation in the math world.
- 2.+The plus sign is very welcoming. It's the first operation I learned as a kid and nobody forgets a first love. Ideally you're working with positive numbers but occasionally you have to deal with some negativity. The word "adding" comes from the Greek words "addius positivius". Even the Greeks who can be negative at times found the plus sign to be a source of positive energy.
- 3.X or *I sometimes run through times tables on first dates as a positive ice breaker. Just 1 through 12 nothing crazy. Multiplication can be challenging but most often in real world examples results in a higher positive number...so that's good. I try to be as positive as possible and multiplication helps me to achieve that.
The teacher was of course fired over the shameless plug for Sears
- •Jojo is a serial killer.
- •She collects body parts.
- •Jojo is able to store body parts in her spacious refrigerator that she got from Sears for a fair price.
- •Less than or equal to 0
Mr. Isis goes to heaven
- •Mr. Isis somehow makes it to heaven.Mr. Isis is juiced.
- •He is greeted by 72 virgins...and they're all like perfect 10s!Mr. Isis is stoked on the quality of the virgins.
- •All 72 virgins refuse to sleep with Mr. Isis until he meets their respective parents, as is tradition.Mr. Isis has no choice but to oblige.
Cookie Monster Hungry. Cookie Monster Want Cookie.
- •The Cookie Monster succumbs to peer pressure and smokes marijuana for the first time.
- •He is now feeling extra hungry for cookies.
- •His cookie eating ability has risen to 4.5 cookies per second...