THE INSANITY OF A WOMAN GETTING HER HAIRCUT
Of all of the concrete decisions I make on a regular basis, confidently I might add, send me to the hairdresser and I don't even recognize myself (figuratively).
- •I'm just getting a trim.
- •I don't care how many inches of split ends there are, JUST A TRIM! Be firm!
- •Hmm.. I'm intrigued by this new lob movement.
- •Will it look the same on me? Maybe if I find a celebrity who looks like me..
- •I want to show the stylist this picture so they get it right.. Is it weird that I have this picture handy? Shouldn't I seem more nonchalant?
- •I don't want to seem superficial.. Or worse that I think I look like this celebrity..
- •What if it comes out bad? I should really just get a trim. The look has been working!
- •But, if I'm spending this much money on a haircut I kind of want something different. Why are haircuts so expensive now? Especially if I DO only get a trim.
- •Hairstylist: So what are we doing today? Me: I was thinking just a trim. But I kind of like the idea of having it shorter, kind of like that long bob style.. What do you think?
- •Hairstylist: Either would work Me: Okay, just a trim. I'll think about the shorter style for next time.
- •🙄🙄🙄🙄 self loathing ensues