Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Quotes
He set the bar for what it means to lead with dignity, to stand up for justice, to preach and practice nonviolent civil disobedience. He has been at the forefront of my mind during a tragic, terrifying, infuriating, heartbreaking week. 1/16/17 update: it's MLK Day, what better time to add to this list?
- •Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- •Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- •Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- •Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscious stupidity.
- •Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
- •We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- •He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.
- •Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.
- •Everybody can be great...because everybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
- •Forgiveness means reconciliation, a coming together again. Without this, No man can love his enemies. The degree to which we are able to forgive determines the degree to which we are able to love our enemies.