FAVORITE SONGS TO DANCE TO DURING THON
Surprising but amazing list request @TQ! THON is the world's largest student-run philanthropy (I listed about it here: BELIEVE BEYOND BOUNDARIES: 15 FACTS ABOUT PENN STATE'S DANCE MARATHON (THON)). Writing this list was a trip down memory lane.
- •My Love is Your Love – Whitney HoustonThis is one of the songs that the DJ reserves for the last hour or so of THON, and it's equal parts fun and emotional. See here: BELIEVE BEYOND BOUNDARIES: 15 FACTS ABOUT PENN STATE'S DANCE MARATHON (THON)
- •Love Story – Taylor SwiftMost important group serenading song.
- •Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo'olePlayed at the end of Family Hour, where Four Diamonds families and kids share their stories. At this point, we were less dancing and more just holding eachother up for emotional and physical support.
- •The line danceEvery year brings a new line dance, and it's "performed" once every hour of THON—so 46 times. I knew 2010 and 2011 best. http://youtu.be/7bRLc4d9ucw
- •Forever – Chris BrownOur R&R Captain theme for THON 2010. Before we knew Chris Brown was a total ass.
- •Levels – AviciiReally anything Avicii
- •Firework – Katy Perry
- •We Found Love - Rihanna
- •Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob SegerMy committee in 2011 choreographed a dance to this song for a competition, and it was a blast. I was so proud of them and still think they should've won.
- •Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
- •When Love Takes Over – David Guetta
- •Single Ladies - BeyoncéPerformed this with my committee in 2009. Choreographed mainly by my future roommate and co-Captain Cody, who pulled off this dance in a halter dress and heels and killed it. Video on YouTube somewhere.