FAVORITE WINES, RANKED
Thanks @JennyJLee. I love wine, but I'm *far* from being a pro—I just like what I like. I choose wine based on 1. The name—there are certain wineries/brands I know are reliable 2. I think the label is pretty or interesting 3. Price—tbh there are a lot of great wines for $10-$20 | Wine snobs: my descriptions may totally drive you nuts.
- •La Crema Sonoma Coast ChardonnayWhite wine's not my preference, but sometimes it just hits the spot. This one is smooth and crisp. Around $20, and La Crema is one of those reliable labels—I've never had a wine of theirs I didn't like.
- •King Family Vineyards Cabernet FrancI have a wine club subscription to this Virginia winery and I love when I get my quarterly delivery of 6(!!) bottles. This is one of my favorites. It's a light red, not sweet, and easy to drink. $24
- •Apaltagua Carmenere RoséI avoided rosé for years because I thought it would be sweet like White Zinfandel (which, 😖). This is my second favorite rosé, tbh I don't know the name of my first, a Malbec rosé from one of my favorite restaurants. This one is fruity and dry, refreshing. Around $12 (clearly chose for the label and price point the first time I had it)
- •Bogle Pinot NoirBogle is another go-to label for me. Their Pinot Noir is smooth, a little dry, easy to drink, and just yummy. Around $11
- •Josh Cellars Cabernet SauvignonProps to @bookishclaire for introducing me to this, her favorite wine, or at least her favorite to buy in stores. It's dry but fruity, and delicious. Around $15
- •Ravenswood Old Vine (or Vintners Blend) ZinfandelI love these both and honestly while I can taste a bit of a difference in flavor, I can't taste a difference in quality. They're both excellent, fruity, sort of "heavy" wines. $8-$20
- •Alamos MalbecI love Malbec. This one is a beautiful dark red, and spicy but fruity. Delicious, and at $9, so affordable.
- •Mendel MalbecThis wine is 👌. Gorgeous dark color, fruity, smooth, dry, spicy—all things I love. Around $25
- •ChampagneDeserves it's own list
- •A bunch of wines I've had in Europe and don't remember the names of😩😑