I Thought I'd Be into ______ for a Lot Longer
Thanks to @bjnovak, I discover new things people on List are into each week. But now I want to know what things you ditched, so 'fess up.
- •ShamelessI loved the first season but then I just couldn't be bothered to find ways to watch it once I didn't have Showtime. By the time I had access to it again I'd kinda forgotten about it.
- •Vice PincipalsI was all excited for this show but it ended up being the same endless cringe comedy as Eastbound and Down. I literally bailed out mid-episode; I think Danny McBride was trying to put some moves on the cute blonde during a field trip and I couldn't take the cringing any more. I'm very sensitive, okay?Suggested by @Gola
- •Gimlet's Sampler PodcastBut after a few episodes the content became podcasts the host didn't listen to yet before recommending! Also I do a better job at this in my Dope Podcasts lists, so I removed it and do my own sampling nowadays.Suggested by @lizabeth
- •PokémonGOI still like Pokémon, and I think the game is cool enough, but... I was obsessed with it for about three weeks (MY LOVE FOR POKÉMON GO IN PICTURES) and then one day... I just wasn't into it anymore.Suggested by @barefootmeds
- •Philosophy Time in a Bottle for EyesI liked this, but not enough to stick to a routine with it. Not sure if it's the product or my habits that are the actual problem...
- •New GirlWatched about three episodes of this show and never watched it again.Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •The Mindy ProjectI loved Seasons 1-3, but Season 4 seemed like an entirely different show. I stuck around through the mid season finale, but I haven't bothered to check out any of the back half of the season.Suggested by @jenniferm
- •The Walking DeadSuggested by @kate81
- •Classical musicNot that I'm NOT into it now. I like classical music a lot, especially flute and oboe music since I play(ed) both. But I went through a phase when I bought BBC Music Magazine every month and read t pretty much cover to cover on my lunch break and bought a ton of cheap CDs. This is probably not unrelated to my will-they-won't-they college love affair type thing with a guy who was a really gifted musician - he was an organist, and I tried to be into that, but one CD was all I could manage.Suggested by @bookishclaire
- •PortlandiaI love Fred and Carrie but it just kind of petered out for me.Suggested by @MaddyandOwensMom
- •Soccer / footballI love the World Cup and always think, OK this is the year I really get into MSL US soccer or Premier League games but I can never do it. But I'll be watching the next World Cup... Whenever it sneaks up on us.Suggested by @andersun
- •How to get away with MurderShonda and Viola are fantastic, so why did I get bored and stop watching?00Suggested by @jennifergster
- •Hottie And The Blowfish.I had all the CDs, the singles, foreign releases with extra content, bootlegs. Loved them! Now? Meh. But when I dig out Mark Bryan's solo album 30 On A Rail, it's still golden. But H&TBF? Bleh.Suggested by @pili_ervin
- •Scuba diving.Having to lug all the equipment around is totally a buzz kill.Suggested by @michellesanchez