Lists We've Liked This Week (July 4-10)
It's been a hell of a week. Given everything that happened, instead of doing the typical LWLTW, I've posted lists that stuck with me in light of the weight of our country's brokenness. I could've put so many excellent lists here, but I's rather have it be collaborative—so make suggestions below 💜
- •THIS IS NOT AN ELEGY: ON ALTON STERLING by @bware247
- •"ZANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS" OF POLICE CONDUCT TOWARDS (UN)ARMED POC by @CAFE
- •Don't change the conversation by @theshome
- •Responding to this week's events, by Bill Riedel: http://billriedel.com/a-view-from-the-hill/2016/7/8/responding-to-this-weeks-eventsOk, this is kinda cheating since this isn't from Li.st, but this post by my pastor is worth a read. He covers justice, mercy, healing, and empathy in the list that wraps up the post. And no, he doesn't just discuss prayer, but how to actively work toward these things.
- •The lists of @musesofamustardseed, especially this one about her mother: Fighting on the Home Front: Why my Mother is a Hero When She Shouldn't Have to BeSuggested by @DG