MOVIE SEQUELS THAT ARE EVEN BETTER THAN THE ORIGINALS 📽
Rarely does a sequel live up to the expectations set by their predecessor, so when a movie manage to actually exceed those expectations—🎯🏅🍾. Add your nominations.
- •22 Jump StreetThis list was basically an excuse for me to talk about how awesome this movie is. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are spectacular in 21 Jump Street but somehow have even better chemistry in 22. I love how the movie isn't afraid to make fun of itself and its sequel status; the meta moments are gold. The credit montage at the end with faux plots for future movies in the franchise is the icing on the cake (Seth Rogan's brief cameo is 👌).
- •Captain America: Winter SoldierDidn't love the first one but this is my favorite movieSuggested by @victoriaedel
- •AliensAlso my favorite movie 🤓Suggested by @shanaz
- •T2@shanaz took my go-to sequel so I'll put this one up. This sequel, like Aliens, was so good that people forget about the first one.Suggested by @HisDudeness
- •Toy Story 2And 3 for that matterSuggested by @natashac
- •Sister Act 2: Back in the HabitLauryn Hill makes everything betterSuggested by @roballen
- •The Godfather Part TwoThe original is great as well, but I've always preferred the sequel.Suggested by @MatthewAlmont
- •Magic Mike XXLChanning killing the sequel gameSuggested by @victoriaedel
- •The Dark KnightTruly grade-A movie 👏
- •Spider-Man 2 (2004)Alfred Molina as Doc Oc is 💯💯💯Suggested by @agriffin
- •Empire Strikes BackSuggested by @mrush
- •The Empire Strikes BackSuggested by @supercommonname
- •☝️ @mrush @supercommonname I wouldn't normally allow two of the same suggestion but DANG that movie is good
- •Star Trek IV: The Voyage HomeSuggested by @moonjockey