Movies Starring Mice, Ranked
- •The Great Mouse DetectiveBasil of Baker Street is a wonderful kid-friendly adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, and his partner Dr. Dawson was the first character in a movie I had seen who shared my name (this was pre-Titanic and Jack Dawson).
- •The Rescuers Down UnderI always loved this more than the original Rescuers, perhaps because of the cool secondary animal characters thanks to the Outback setting. Anyway, Bianca and Bernard are adorable adventurers and they still warm my heart.
- •RatatouilleSo Remy is a rat but whatever, that's close enough🐭. And since good food features heavily in this movie, putting it in my top 3 was a no-brainer. The storyline and every detail is so creative, and I love how Remy chases his dreams while encouraging Linguini. Perfect balance of wistful and funny.
- •FantasiaWould be a bit higher on the list, but parts of it scared me as a kid, and technically it's not all about a mouse. It's beautiful and mesmerizing though, and all the more amazing because it was released in 1940(‼️).
- •Stuart LittleThis movie is cast SO WELL and it's just plain adorable. Don't feel a desire to watch it as often as the first 3 movies on this list though.
- •Fievel Goes WestLast on the list because, it didn't capture my childhood attention or imagination the way The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers Down Under did. I remember liking but not loving it (though I liked it more than the original). Is it controversial to say it's a good but not great movie in my book?!
- •Edit: Mouse Hunt