MOVIES THAT WERE INTEGRAL TO MY CHILDHOOD
Many of these are still among my favorites.
- •The Little MermaidI've never wanted to be a character so badly. I had Little Mermaid clothes, bedding, dolls, you name it. I pretended to be a Mermaid all summer long at the beach and our local pool.
- •The Great Mouse DetectiveI had a crush on a mouse
- •Robin HoodI had a crush on a fox
- •Beauty and the BeastSecond favorite Disney Princess movie as a kid. My Dad even took me to see Beauty and the Beast on ice, bless him.
- •The Land Before TimeI still think dinosaurs are super cool and I like to go see them at the National Museum of Natural History.
- •The Sword in the StoneI loved Archimedes, Merlin's owl.
- •Peter PanThe scene where they fly by Big Ben 😍. I was also way more into Tiger Lily than Pocahontas.
- •Chariots of FireOne of the first "adult" movies I watched; everyone in my family is introduced to this v v early on. Arguably one of the best movies ever, with one of the best original scores.
- •The Sound of MusicThe hilllllssss are aliiiiivveee🎼
- •The Swiss Family RobinsonGrowing up, we spent our Summer's at our house on the Northern Neck of Virginia. There were a few VHS movies we kept that were our special summer films; this is the one I always looked forward to.
- •Dunston Checks InAlso a Summer movie. It was so under appreciated! Constantly lost it while laughing, no mater how many times I watched it. But as much as I loved it, my younger brother loved it even more.
- •Homeward BoundI've always been an animal lover and this movie likely had something to do with it. All. The. Feels.
- •Riverdance: The ShowObviously not movie but I watched this so many times it basically counts. Riverdance > Lord of the Dance
- •NewsiesFinally, I had a crush on a human! Christian Bale in this and Little Women had me all😍
- •Little WomenI've grown up watching the March sisters grow up ❤️