PEOPLE I WAS REMINDED TO BE THANKFUL FOR TODAY
In the order in which I saw them today.
- 1.Starbucks employeesI broke my own rule and supported an establishment being open on Thanksgiving—every single employee this am was cheerful when they had really no reason to be, and the coffee put a pep in my step for the drive to see family this am.
- 2.Toll booth operatorsMy EZ Pass is broken but today I was glad about it because it gave me the chance to say Happy Thanksgiving to 4 different toll booth operators, all of whom were lovely and had a hand in helping me get to my family.
- 3.First respondersThey give up their holidays so we can enjoy ours, in safety and peace.
- 4.AAAWhile driving up I-95, I saw a family pulled over with car trouble...and then saw the AAA truck arrive in time to save the day. Every day super heroes.
- 5.NewbornsReally just an excuse to brag about how cute my little cousin is, because no one needs to remember to be thankful for new baby smell. Here I am drunk on it.
- 6.You all.Love ya, List Appers.