RECENT BOOKS I GIFTED MYSELF, WITH JUSTIFICATIONS 📂
I know you should really only shop for others between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but sometimes you have to treat yo self. #draftmas
- •The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil GaimanSupported local bookstore in my parents' town on Small Business Saturday.
- •Cambridge Companion to the Eighteenth Century NovelCyber Monday sale (Cambridge Companions are normally so expensive)...and I must stay sharp on this subject since I'm no longer regularly immersed in it!
- •Cambridge Companion to Women's Writing in Britain, 1660-1789Ditto above
- •Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan DidionI've been meaning to read this for ages and I got an Amazon notification that it was on sale.
- •The Circle by Dave Eggers
- •Stoner by John WilliamsSuggested by @ChrisK 👍
- •Food by Jim GaffiganBuy 2 get 1 free sale at Barnes & Noble, and I love Jim Gaffigan.
- •In the Garden of Beasts by Erik LarsonBook 2 of B2G1 sale, and I Iove Erik Larson...not really for myself since I already own it, but it was the perfect gift for a family friend, and it helped me get a free book. I'm definitely guilty of the 2 for me 1 for you method of gift shopping when it comes to books...
- •The Night Circus by Erin MorgensternThe freebie I picked, and I've been meaning to read it for awhile.