STUFFED ANIMALS OF MY CHILDHOOD, RANKED
All of my surviving stuffed animals from childhood are at my parents' house, so pictures of their animal counterparts will have to do.
- 6.FlounderI was so obsessed with the little Mermaid. I had Little Mermaid EVERYTHING. So naturally I had a stuffed Flounder.
- 5.Exhibit A of my obsession: Little Mermaid shirt
- 4.PongoI was just over 4 years old when my little brother Will came into the world. When my Nana took me to the hospital to meet him, a few toys awaited me as well—"from your little brother." Among them was a huge stuffed animal of Pongo from 101 Dalmatians. I adored him. The bribe worked, @lynndawson and @billdawson, but I wish you'd still give me presents whenever Will disrupts my life.
- 3.Assortment of Beanie BabiesI still have a few of them somewhere, including Lady Diana
- 2.BunnyI had a stuffed bunny hand puppet and his nose and a lot of his fur, much like the Velveteen Rabbit, have all been rubbed off from too many hugs and kisses.
- 1.Leo the JaguarHe went through many names, but for the purposes of this list, Leo will do. He is a big guy—one of those three feet long stuffed animals. I was a little obsessed with big cats, and Leo went everywhere with me, which due to his size was awkward. I was probably barely 4' at this point in time. He was very aloof and too cool for school. And he got v upset with me when I slammed his head in the door of my Dad's Saab and his plastic nose fell off.