Ten Perfect Songs
Originally a LR from @tartt (thank you!), but I couldn't stick to just 5. I'd say these picks are subjective but then I'd also argue you're objectively wrong if you don't think they're perfect songs.
- •Layla, Derek and the DominosClapton can do no wrong and this song is unforgettable.
- •Better Man, Leon BridgesYou could be knee-deep in 💩and you'd still be tapping along to this beat.
- •Make You Feel My Love, Bob DylanHands down the best love song out there. Bonus: Adele's cover is also perfect.
- •If I Were a Boy, BeyoncéBuilds to the most cathartic and empowering righteous anger.
- •December, 1963 (Oh What A Night), Frankie Valli & The Four SeasonsIf you don't start smiling when you recognize this song, you are dead inside.
- •Tighten Up, The Black KeysIn which you get two amazing songs for the price of one, seamlessly.
- •Why Georgia, John MayerI first heard this song when I was 14, and almost 16 years later, I'm still not sick of it.
- •Mr. Brightside, The KillersProof that guitar and synth can live happily together on the same track. Perfectly highlights the frantic anxiety of the song's theme: jealousy.
- •We Found Love, Rihanna feat. Calvin HarrisDecades from now, teenagers will hear this and realize they owe a lot to their grandparents' music.
- •Hoppípolla, Sigur RósA total chameleon, it magnifies whatever emotion you're feeling in the moment x100.