THE BERNARD PIVOT QUESTIONNAIRE (INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO)
Inspired by @emilyannlosey and originally, @Fitz
- •What is your favorite word?Convivial. So fun to say. Must use more.
- •What is your least favorite word?Brand—possibly an unpopular choice. I sort of resent how it's used to describe people more than, or at least as much as, products these days. And I get that maybe this is just the way things are going, it's just good business and/or a cultural change, but I don't have to like it. We are better than commodifying ourselves, folks!
- •What turns you on?A good sense of humor. Nice hands. Forearms. A keen interest in something—it can be something I don't like, even, but if you're passionate about anything you're afraid I'll think is nerdy, chances are I'll admire you for it and find they way you talk about it completely adorable and endearing. An enthusiastic and unreserved smile.
- •What turns you off?Arrogance. Willful ignorance. Lack of empathy. And I never thought I'd say this, but there is such a thing as "too nice" and I went on a date with someone who proved it; he asked if every little thing he did was ok, was so afraid of offending me when he made the slightest off-color or not PC joke, and apologized about the littlest things. It was not great, and I ended up feeling guilty about the fact that I found it annoying and awkward.
- •What is your favorite curse word?Shit. So underrated.
- •What sound or noise do you love?Waves crashing. Champagne popping.
- •What sound or noise do you hate?The noise people make when they eat bananas. The trash being collected before 6am.
- •What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Art historian
- •What profession would you not like to do?Accountant
- •If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?You're forgiven, and your loved ones are partying over there—have fun.