The Recipes I Bookmarked in Irvin Lin's New Cookbook
List's own @eatthelove has a brand new cookbook out, and it's all about baking beautiful, tasty things. It's really a treat for your eyes and your stomach. I preordered it and finally had the time to read through it and even attempt a recipe this week. 📸when available.
- •Marbled, Swirled, and LayeredUsed like half a pack of post it notes while bookmarking recipes.
- •Salted Caramel Cheesecake Swirled BrowniesI made these this past weekend—ignore the bad photo, it's mine, not the book's. These are fudgey and chocolatey with the perfect balance of salted caramel cream cheese goodness swirled in. I was nervous about making caramel for the first time but Irvin's instructions and tips made it pretty painless! 10/10 recommend.
- •"L'orange" Curd Cheesecake with Pistachio CrustLike Irvin's partner AJ, I have a crush on Meyer lemons, the star of this recipe.
- •Malted Chocolate Chip and Reverse Chip Cookies
- •Blackberry and Fig Mascarpone Honey Tart with Tahini CrustI'm a sucker for mascarpone cheese.
- •Honey-Lavender Cheesecake BarsThe lavender syrup sounds so tasty. Also definitely going to make the slow-roasted balsamic strawberry alternative recipe for these!
- •Meyer Lemon Italian Cream Cake with Lemon Custard and Strawberry ButtercreamI'm not always a big cake person, but this sounds absolutely divine. It also sounds time-intensive (and for me, only a low-intermediate level baker, a little advanced) but worth it.
- •Blueberry-Lemon Muffins with Cinnamon-Cardamom SwirlCardamom is such an under-appreciated spice.
- •8-Layer Orange-Scented Smith Island CakeIt's the official dessert of Maryland, my neighbor state, so I feel somewhat obligated to attempt this. Plus, look at it!
- •Pumpkin Roll with Berry-Cream Cheese FillingY'all can keep your pumpkin spice lattes. I prefer my pumpkin in baked goods.
- •Gingerbread and Lemon-Poppy Seed Marble Bundt CakeSpicy, citrusy goodness.
- •Rosemary Caramel and Dark Chocolate-Potato Chip TartI love the interesting and somewhat unexpected (at least in baking) flavor combinations Irvin came up with for so many of the recipes in this book.
- •Dried Cherry-Almond Scones with Earl Grey GlazeI love scones so much, and these sound particularly scrumptious.
- •Banana Crunch Beer BrowniesI'm just very curious about these.
- •Vanilla and Peach-Bourbon Ice Cream Pie with Honey-Cornflake CrustYou had me at "peach bourbon ice cream."
- •No-bake Ginger and Cinnamon Cheesecake with Blueberry SauceGingersnap crust is my favorite kind of crust.
- •Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice CreamMCC is my absolute favorite flavor but I've never attempted to make it at home (yet).
- •Raspberry and Almond Battenberg Checkerboard CakeBattenberg is not high on my list of favorite desserts, but my British roommate @bookishclaire loves them, so I have to make this at some point, right?