THINGS SAID ABOUT U.S. PRESIDENTS THAT I NEVER WANT TO BE SAID ABOUT ME
I took a personal day and spent my afternoon in the National Portrait Gallery. Decided I will have failed in life if these are ever written in a description accompanying my portrait.
- •"Undistinguished" and "Rigid and humorless"Re: President John Quincy Adams (1825-1829)
- •"Not a man who would have entered anybody's mind" as a Presidential candidateRe: President Chester Alan Arthur (1881-1885) VP who became president when President Garfield was assassinated
- •"Known as the 'Iceberg' Harrison was unusually detached...and in domestic matters his presidential style was essentially passive."Re: President Benjamin Harris (1889-1893)
- •"...at least promised no unsettling changes." And "Escaped having to face the corrupt behavior of his appointees"Re: President Warren G. Harding (1921-1923)
- •"Married his cousin."Looking at you, Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945)