TRAVEL SUGGESTIONS: ATL
I'm visiting a friend in Atlanta this weekend. She lives in Old Fourth Ward/Inman Park. She asked me what I want to do, and I'm not sure where to start, so now I'm asking for your suggestions! Thanks😊
- •AquariumThe only ATL thing I know a lot about and definitely want to visit.
- •The Belt Line!If it's nice this weekend, take a stroll around the belt line-you can see the Atlanta skyline, try awesome food at Ponce City Market and/or go to Piedmont Park, which is gorgeous!Suggested by @bware427
- •Dr. Bombay's Underwater Tea PartyThis cute little tea/coffee shop is in the Candler Park neighborhood, and you can make reservations for a high tea or just pop in and read a book from their shelves. Also, umbrellas all over the ceiling!
- •Little Five Points and Sister Louisa's Church bar.The first one is a district in east Atlanta with lots of cute stores and street art. Sister Louisa's is a great local bar. Sorry, I have so many things that I like in Atlanta.
- •Visit Athens, GA!It's about an hour and a half away and it's where I live! If you're a foodie, chef Hugh Acheson lives here and has two great restaurants. Also, Georgia Theater for live music and their rooftop bar. This list can go on forever lol.
- •Martin Luther King Jr birthplace and museum.Pretty cool and doesn't take too long and yay for history!Suggested by @supercommonname
- •Seconding dr bombay's! And if you're already in the beltline (east side trail), hop off and poke around Paris on Ponce- it's a kooky antiques mart. You can also keep walking about 1.5 miles to Krog Street Market, which has lots of great food! 👌Suggested by @nantea
- •Downtown DecaturCute/nice/good restaurants and bars. Go to Kimball House! Or Brick Store if you like beer.
- •Mary'sVery fun gay bar that is my ATL happy place if you're into dancing also
- •The High Museum !Open late on Friday and you get in for half price after four !
- •The Coke museum is surprisingly fun! They have a room where you can try all the Cokes of the world!Suggested by @fuggirls
- •World of Coca Cola!If you don't like Coke - skip this obviously! But my group of friends and I had fun. 💁🏻Suggested by @minxsie
- •Krog Street Market for some eats and drinks
- •Ponce City Market for shopping and eating
- •In Decatur: Little Shop of StoriesIt is mainly a kids book store but has adult selections… And it's just so sweet. It's right off the Square and Decatur is just a fantastic place for you to check out for boutique shopping, eating and drinking. It's where Mayberry meets Berkeley.
- •Atlanta history center is excellent and also contains the Swan House where some of the Hunger Games Capitol scenes were filmed! Have a great time exploring my city this weekend!Suggested by @katiepoole
- •I hope you got to see the lights at the Botanical Gardens!Suggested by @sdayno