WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
Ahhh, the dreams of my youth. From about age 5-15
- 1.The Little Mermaid
- 2.An American Girl Doll (preferably Kirsten, Felicity, or Samantha)
- 3.A dolphin trainer at a physical rehab facilityThen someone told me I'd have to study a lot of science. I was recently informed, by someone who used to work at one of these facilities, that this is not true. I wish they hadn't told me that.
- 4.A Kentucky-Derby winning jockeyBut then I had a growth spurt that put me over 5' and 100 pounds so I adjusted this dream accordingly...
- 5.An Olympic equestrian
- 6.A teacherI'm pretty sure this was because I figured I could boss people around and be thanked for it with apples (which were my favorite food as a kid, and remain top 5 today--but not those Red Delicious ones, those are disgusting).
- 7.A lawyerThis was definitely so I could get paid to argue with people.
- 8.A perpetual studentI wanted to get my Ph.D in literature. And then I realized I didn't necessarily want to be a literature professor but there's not a whole lot that doctors of literature do besides teach it.