When People Turn A Plural Word Into A Possessive 📂
Excuse me while I have a @RossGeller moment, please.
- •Stage 1: disbelief"Monday's are the worst"?! Nope. No, no, I must've misread that Instagram post.
- •Stage 2: rageNOOOOO how could they?!
- •Stage 3: reluctant acceptanceIt's fine. It's ok. Language is always changing. And it's not all for the worse. It's not that big of a deal...move on, Liz. (Followed by seeing 10 similar mistakes on various forms of social media...)
- •Stage 4: depression<Cue over-dramatic moaning about loss of appreciation for the English language, tinged with slight sense of superiority>
- •Stage 5: supreme irritationI will not accept incorrect possessives. I've accepted many other changes and short hands in the evolution of modern language. But this, this one I won't.