STRONG DECORATING CHOICES IN MY BEDROOM
I like my room a lot, it is very me (full of weird European history and creepy natural history shit)
- •FUCK THE PATRIARCHY party banner with 16-inch museum-quality reproduction bull shark jawsI bought reproduction jaws because I am obsessed with sharks but don't want to contribute to their over-fishing. I bought the banner because Fuck The Patriarchy.
- •Original Polish circus poster from the 1920s featuring three strong men in leotardsThis is a beautiful piece of history that also cracks me up. My brother got it for me.
- •Hand-stained political cartoon (in Cyrillic alphabet) featuring the Kaiser in a cage in the back of an elephant.Bought this in a map shop in Paris in 2007. If anyone can translate that would be 👌
- •Graphite skull and squid printThe skull is from Mexico and the print is from this Japanese artists who covered dead squids in ink and smacks em on a canvas
- •Three butterflies in shadow boxesAnteos menippe, heliconius burneyi, and I forget the top one. From the Art Rock shop in Bar Harbor, an A+ destination for natural history nerds (much cheaper than Evolution in NYC)