Things I did before my first date
I went on my first date in over 2 years last night. We were supposed to meet for dinner at 5 and then go from there (I had no idea he was a grandpa). This is what I had to do to prepare.
- 1.Was very indecisive about how much to eat for lunch.We were going to a super good pizza place and I wanted to be hungry for it, but not so hungry that I got cranky. I ended up eating at 11:30 and had leftover Chinese. I was the proper amount of hungry for dinner.
- 2.Held a warm compress to my eye because I woke up with a stye this morning.~She's so lucky, she's a star~
- 3.Got a haircut.This was a bold and stupid move, but it turned out really well, PTL 🙌
- 4.Looked on list app and other online sources for questions to ask him throughout the night.I don't think I ended up asking him any of them.
- 5.Got nervous and listened to some tunes to calm my nerves.Mostly Fleetwood Mac and Simon and Garfunkle. I swear to the Heavens that I'm only 25.
- 6.Got even more nervous, so I turned off the tunes and started reading Amy Schumer's new book.Would highly recommend to all you ladies, btw.
- 7.Then people in my office started making a bunch of noise and I got really irritated.Did I mention that I was at work this whole time? I hear a promotion calling my name!
- 8.It was finally time to start getting ready so I cranked my tunes again and turned my office into a dressing room.This was weird
- 9.Finally got dressed after airing out and febreezing my clothes all day.I didn't want to smell like my office. I have a v sensitive nose.
- 10.Drove to @costco to get some gas then sat in the parking lot tweezing my eyebrows.People looked at me funny, but I needed to get those runaway caterpillars under control and the mirror in my car is amazing so idgaf.
- 11.Finally met my date and was 5 minutes early as per usual.It went really well, btw.