How I Met My Husband ❤️
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •A nice story for my very first list!
- •And appropriate since his birthday is tomorrow
- •I arranged to take the Light Rail to my mother's office after work, she was giving me a lift to pick up my cat from the vet.
- •When I arrived at the stop near my office, I saw a nice looking guy who looked very lost - a handful of paperwork, looking around confusedly, comparing the nearby street signs to a map, etc.
- •I went up to him and said "you look lost, can I help?"
- •He said he wasn't lost, but was in town for a job interview and wanted to see what rush hour traffic was like.
- •I said "oh, this is a bad example- it's rush hour, there's a baseball game tonight, plus lots of construction."
- •He said "well, I'm from NY so this looks about average to me!"
- •We got on the train and spent the whole ride talking about what life in Baltimore was like, good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods, rent prices, etc.
- •He really made me laugh a lot, and those brown eyes were killing me! 💗
- •So as we approached my stop, I decided to gather my courage and asked how long he was in town (this was happening on a Tuesday). He said he was driving back to NY on Friday.
- •I said "I have two tickets for Thursday night's baseball game, how would you like to see your future home team play?" ⚾️ He said yes!
- •Unbeknownst to him, I didn't actually have the tickets yet! I had to go to work the next day and beg my boss for his tickets 🙏🏻
- •Unbeknownst to me, he wasn't interested in baseball AT. ALL. but was willing to go to see me again!
- •He didn't get the job he was interviewing for that day, but he did get a different one, finally moved to Maryland, and we recently celebrated our fifteenth wedding anniversary!