DEAR LIST APP BETA,
This is going public and I'm a little sad because I love the Beta crew, but also mostly insanely happy because now we get to share the awesome community that is the List App with the rest of the world!!
- •This is what I've realized after almost 38 weeks (almost a year!!) on the List App Beta:
- •I started with the app when I was in middle school, which, as many of you know, isn't a place where talking openly and honestly about yourself and your feelings is promoted.
- •The only other social media account I had up until that point was my Instagram. As entertaining as it is to scroll through your favorite "feeds", it's also an insane amount of pressure to curate your own.
- •Everyone is concerned about Instagram politics; who has the most followers, who gets the most likes. Does your ratio look good? Does your feed look good? Are your photos edit bug not in a fake way? Is your caption clever enough.
- •Instagram is fake. It's a lot of posed, edited, photos, that unintentionally stress us out.
- •And when, I first joined list app beta, I was worried it would be another, stressful social media addiction.
- •I was right about one thing- it became and addiction. I would look forward to coming home from school everyday to read all of the new list on my home screen.
- •But I was wrong about the other part- it was the probably the realist community I had ever been a part of.
- •I had finally found a place where talking about my feelings and thoughts was not only socially acceptable, but supported by other users.
- •There's no stress in posting a list. It's from the heart. And people respect that. It's what they want to hear. And it's safe to share it.
- •I talked about emojis, embarrassing stories from school, dream coffee shops, and things that were important to me, and read lists from other users about things that were important to them.
- •The list app has made me really, purely happy. I've read lists that have made me laugh, cry, and think.
- •Getting to log on and be part of such an understanding, talented, and safe community has been such a great opportunity.
- •I'm forever grateful to all of the @list beta users who have made my experience on the beta on that has changed me and that I will remember in many years to come.
- •You are all my list app crushes.