Best Advice I’ve Ever Received
Wisdoms that I've retained
- •How people react to you is more about them than it is about you
- •No one has the power to make you feel anything. You make a decision to feel the way you do.
- •Let go of the story you've created in your head about how things are "supposed to be"
- •If you turn to look at the monster you're running away from somehow it'll shrink.
- •I'm allowed to be selfish at times
- •Being me is just as good as being anyone else
- •It's not what you say it's how you say it
- •The less details you tell people the more free you can feel
- •You have a right to ask for what you need
- •Laughter cures almost anything
- •As a woman you are the neck that holds and turns the head
- •The two times in your life that you truly get to be selfish: when you get married and when you have a baby
- •Self care is not a luxury it's a necessity
- •"Should" is a poisonous word
- •You're not responsible for how other people feel, you're only responsible for yourself and what you put out there.
- •If it wants to grow it'll grow, if not, don't play the role of nature.
- •People enter your life to teach you lessons, but not everyone is meant to be a permanent fixture.
- •Marry someone who makes you laugh