Gas Stations: Yup! 👍🏼⛽️
- •The smell of gasolineI'm no huffer, but I love that gasoline smell!! Some smells just make me happy, like fresh skunk, a briny ocean and bacon. Gas is one of those smells.
- •The interesting cats you meet(1) the business man on his cell phone, who is in such a rush, forgets his gas cap on the hood of his car and drives away as you laugh watching the cap skip on the pavement; (2) the homeless guy that blesses you even when you don't give him 💰, which makes you feel so good you end up giving him 💰; (3) the homeless guy whose smell overpowers the gas smell (this one tends to not bless you when you don't give him 💰, and rather, dangerously comes close to assault), etc. etc. MY FIRST SUBLIST!!
- •Catching up on local newsNow all the pumps have video screens with volume TURNED UP AS HIGH AS F*CK as a courtesy so you don't miss a moment of that important news clip of the day.
- •NostalgiaOne of the highlights of my early 20s was having my dad's Chevron credit card, which paid for most of my groceries, beer and other household supplies. I spent a lot of time at the Sunset Car Wash store (one the best Chevron marts) and another Chevron store in North Hollywood near my acting school. Sometimes, I grab a roll of toilet paper and a browning banana for old times sake.
- •Cleaning your windowsThere's a 30% chance you'll get water and/or a squeegee that isn't dirtier than your windshields were already, but when you hit that sweet spot, there's nothing better than a clean windshield. A new world, where anything is possible.
- •Filling your tankIs there any better feeling than having a full tank of gas? You can go anywhere, do anything! The freedom, the sky's the limit!! As I leave the gas station with that fat tank of gasoline, the road beckons me to leave everything behind and drive to Mexico to start a new life under a completely different identity. That gas station creates infinite possibility.