Not Apparent but a Child
I don't have children, never wanted any. As the "child" of my parents, lately it occurs to me
- •Moms can't call in sickWhen other family members are sick moms care for them. When moms are sick, everyone asks what's for dinner.
- •Dads can fix anythingFrom broken automobiles to broken fingers to broken spirits.
- •Moms hug goodMom's hugs last long after she let's go.
- •Dads hug goodI smile because he's my father. I laugh because there's nothing he can do about it.
- •Moms make dinnerShe knows her way around the kitchen. Nothing brings family together like a good meal.
- •Dads make breakfast (sometimes)He finds his way around the kitchen. Specialties include Froot Loops and Cheerios (with banana on special days.) And French toast, with bacon of course.
- •Moms clean houseMoms love cleaning up messes they didn't make.
- •Dads makes messesSo Moms will have something to do later.
- •Moms wear dresses"Because sometimes I just want to look pretty."
- •Dad wears jeans and teesBecause dads are guys, and guys dress for comfort.
- •Dads wear dresses too"Because sometimes I just want to look pretty too."
- •Moms get old, tired, forgetfulEven though she might think she's failing, she's the best Mom in the world.
- •Dads get Alzheimer'sSome people don't believe in heroes, but they've never met my Dad.
- •Moms and Dads deserve lots of love and attention❤Now. Today.