TV Shows I Wish I Could Watch Again for the First Time
I long to be a show virgin sometimes. You can re-watch a series, but it's not the same as the first time. These are in no particular order, because ranking them feels disloyal. Inspired by a list by @jackiepeiser.
- •Breaking BadI resisted this one for a long time, thinking meth and violence weren't for me. Couldn't have been more wrong. Jesse Pinkman, I love you.
- •Friday Night LightsAnother show I resisted. As a native Texan from a football family, I thought, meh. Wrong. Tami Taylor forever.
- •EntourageWe call our kids Johnny Drama when they act ridiculous. Hug it out, bitches.
- •Mad About YouPaul, Jaime, Murray the dog. (Murray Tyler Moore, Furry Murray, Murray Povich.) Great cast.
- •Gilmore GirlsMy brother told me about this one, and I'm so glad. We jumped in about halfway through the first season - instant ❤️. Though it went off the rails, the early seasons are gold.
- •Inspector LewisCannot get enough of Lewis. Will love him forever.
- •Sports NightQuotes from this show are part of daily conversations for us. If my husband and I have an "our show," this is it. Aaron Sorkin broke our hearts when he ended it after two seasons. We have the DVDs and re-watch the series annually.
- •Boston LegalDenny Crane. Those scenes on the balcony were everything.
- •Happy Days and Laverne and ShirleyI lumped these together, because I watched them together. Fonzie was my first love. Henry Winkler still makes my heart skip a beat. These two shows were my original appointment television.
- •The OCI wanted my own little Seth Cohen to keep in my pocket. He was adorable. I know it was a dumb, soapy show, but the husband and I loved it dearly.
- •What shows are on your list?