I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS
Inspired by @alligeeshow ATTENTION:PLEASE DO NOT.
- •When I was a young girl, my Dad worked with a bachelor named Bob. Bob was a teacher. My Dad was a Truant Officer.
- •Bob had the habit of dropping by and staying for hours. He always expected Mom to give him dinner. None of this sat well with my parents.
- •Apparently what was OK was that I had to hug Bob every time he came over. He hugged very tightly. And it was a front hug.
- •And he had B.O. which lingered on our furniture the next day.
- •I always had that feeling like this should be OK, but it wasn't, if that makes sense.
- •As an adult, I said to my Mom that I think Bob was a pedophile.
- •She said, "Yeah, we kind of thought maybe. But we were always around, so it was safe."
- •Except for that hug thing.
- •He's long dead.
- •But I still can't believe how much anxiety I feel, at 49, writing about this.
- •So, yeah, please do not make your kid hug or make physical contact with anyone they don't want to.