OUR TRIP TO MONTAUK POINT, LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
My family lives about an hour from here. It is the home of the historic Montauk Lighthouse, built 1798. It was a beautiful day and I realized my 11 year old had never been. So we went!
- •The Lighthouse is closed off-season but we got to see the Atlantic. Such a gorgeous day!
- •The Lighthouse!It was built 300 feet from the ocean to account for erosion.
- •Path to the beach.
- •The Atlantic
- •Getting ready to climb the toe wall.Put in place on the bluff to prevent further erosion. The bluff lost 200 feet in 200 years.
- •A little too close to the edge for me!
- •But the view was so pretty.
- •And I enjoyed the peace.
- •Stay away from the edge!
- •Oh, there was a playground too!
- •It was an awesome day!