The Songs that are most important to me
Requested by @Sim0n
- •Lavender Blue (Dilly Dilly)My Mom sang me to sleep with this.
- •Brown Eyed Girl-Van MorrisonThe song playing when @Judd66 and I met on a blind date back in July 1992
- •Come Rain or Come Shine-Ray CharlesOur wedding song
- •What More Can I Say? From the musical Falsettos by William FinnWe saw this musical together and I used some of the lyrics in our wedding ceremony.
- •Silver Bells-Bing CrosbyWe have an inside joke about this.
- •God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You-NSYNCI sang this to my daughter in China when we first received her. It was a lullaby.
- •When You Wish Upon a Star-NSYNC versionLullaby for my new baby girl. I did not sing it but played it over and over.
- •Since You've Been Gone-Kelly ClarksonWhen my daughter was about two, she would sit in the back seat and sing "Sib ee a Gaa!" at the top of her lungs!
- •Little Shop of Horrors-Broadway cast albumTwo year old also danced and sang to this.
- •Home-DaughtryThis made me cry when we were in China for my son. It had been a really hard trip and the words meant so much.
- •You're a Good Man Charlie Brown-Broadway Cast AlbumKept the kids busy in China
- •Bushel and a Peck-Guys and DollsMy Mom sang this to me and I sing it to my kids. I still sing it to my 11 year old at bedtime.
- •Time of My Life and Light On-David CookUsed as lullabies for my son.
- •Anything by David CookMy son had a really hard time his first couple of years with us. The only way to calm him down was to play David Cook's music from Idol and anything else I could find. It was great when we met him and I could tell him. My son also started speaking after he met him. Such a nice guy!
- •Anything by Kris AllenSame idea as above. Total calming effect.
- •Who Will Watch Over Me-Elliot IrelandMy daughter's first solo music
- •Finally, a song my Dad adapted from another tune that I don't know:"Hooray for Jessica! Hooray for Jessica!" Someone in the crowd shouted,"Hooray for Jessica! Eins! Zwei! Drei! Vier! Golly but we're glad she's here! Hooray for Jessica! She's a darn nice gal!"